Clean freaks, I need your help. Ever since Gavin was born, I cannot keep my house clean. It's laundry, dusting, floors, vacuuming...It is so hard to keep up with everything. I come in from work, play with Gavin, feed Gavin, unpack and repack his diaper bag, wash bottles, get dinner started, eat, clean up dirty dishes, get Gavin to bed, get my clothes and lunch ready for school, and then it's 10:00 pm before I know it and time for me to go to bed. One of my favorite websites is Fly Lady (it's linked on the side of my page). The ladies who run the site give you ways to declutter and keep your house clean each week; but I think her things work best for stay-at-home moms. I don't have the time to complete her house cleaning projects, and take care of everything else too. So - I need your help! Is there anyone out there who can share some efficient cleaning strategies with me? Do you have any shortcuts that work well for you? Any cleaning secrets? I've got to get my life and house back in order!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hmmmmm give it about 18 years and maybe you will have a little time. Oh, you didn't want to hear that. Really, I am sure Jason is helping you out but there are things you will have to let go and not worry that it doesn't get done like it use to. Now that there is a baby there will always be toys around. Don't try to be supermom you will just get worn out. I know tell Kim to come over and clean for you!!! That will be her pay for getting to hold Gavin Great Idea! hee hee. Sorry I wasn't any better help. Love you, JM
Haha, thats a joke, a clean house with a little baby?? There is just not enough time in the day, or enough helping hands! My house just got a good clean (thanks sweet husband) but it doesn't get it near enough! I am doing good if things are put away at the end of the day! Can you imagine having more than one?!? AH!
Even as a stay at home mom there are many times when stuff just doesn't get done during the week. If Jake is having a fussy day and not playing or napping sweetly, it's like Oh well. And well-meaning people love to visit. I've started just doing what I have to do even when they're here. :) Two things though, well actually three : 1)Realize that it is an encouragement to others when your home is not perfect but you are meeting the needs of the people in your life. 2)Accept and embrace this stage in your life - it doesn't mean you are messy, disorganized, or lazy (I struggled with all of these) and 3)I've decided on a few non-essentials that must happen: dishes, Laundry and bathrooms. The rest - well when it happens it happens. =) I will often put a load of laundry on while starting supper. Then put it in the drier while we eat and work on folding it while watching tv or talking with Rob. That makes it doable for me. I might do a load each night, rather than trying to do all the laundry in one day. =) And the bathrooms - I clean the shower before I shower sometimes - clean the sink after I put on make-up, etc. I just try to do something when I'm already in there rather than trying to block out time to clean the house.
Ok, this is really long, but I mainly wanted to encourage you: Don't be discouraged because even as a stay at home mom I don't get everything done. I am amazed at you and am praying for you. I can't imagine trying to work and do what I'm doing. :)
He is faithful to enable us to do what He has called us to, right?
I Thess. 5:24
As working moms, we only have a limited amount of time to spend with our children during the day. Gavin is changing daily, and you don't want to miss a minute of it. The dishes & laundry will wait. Enjoy your baby (and your husband), and catch up on the housework when you can. It's more important to be a great mom than a great maid!
Hi,
I found your blog and enjoyed seeing your little cutie, Gavin. I saw this post and thought I'd pass on a web site that has the best cleaning tool around. A friend of mine told me about them and I immediately ordered some. This friend has a house so clean I told my husband I'd eat off the floor behind her toilet! Now that's clean! Anyway, here is the site www.supercloth.com All you use is water to wet it and off you go: dusting, wipe down counter tops, clean sinks, windows, mirrors, and anything else you can think of. I'm telling you, it's amazing! I would think it'd be especially helpful tool for a working mom. Hope this helps!
Post a Comment