Sunday, January 6, 2008

Meet Gavin

Here is my pride and joy. Gavin Ridge Varner was born on August 31st. Jason picked out the name "Gavin", and "Ridge" is from my maiden name - Ridgeway. My dad wanted us to call him Ridge, but if any of you are familiar with soap operas, Ridge is a character on Bold and the Beautiful. Sorry, but I just don't go for that. Gavin was really active in my belly when I was pregnant, and he's still just as active. He's always moving, and gets bored sitting in his bouncy seat (unless he's watching Curious George). He loves to be walked around the house. When we hold him, we have to hold him facing outward because he's so nosy (he gets that from his Nana). He has to have a clear view of everything going on. He's such a mess. Gavin is officially 4 months old now. It's hard to believe it. Where does time go? It seems just like yesterday I was in labor with him. He has grown and changed so much. And of course, he's spoiled rotten to the core. We had a great Christmas with him. He got way too many gifts! Jason and I didn't have to buy him much for Christmas because everyone else in the family took care of all that for us! I'm sure Gavin is thankful for all the gifts, but I bet he would have been perfectly satisfied with just a ball of wrapping paper. He loved the crinkly noise the paper made, and also liked the way it tasted. There's one thing he got for Christmas that has been a lifesaver - the Exersaucer. His Nana and Pops got it for him. He loves to play in it and chew on the animals' heads. And one of the best things about it is that it makes him use the bathroom! Yep! If he hasn't pooped all day, I can put him in it and have a poo-poo diaper within 10 minutes - guaranteed! And speaking of my spoiled child, he is now getting tired of listening to The Wheels on the Bus on one of his noise making toys, and beginning to fuss. He seems to need personal attention, as if he doesn't get enough already. Until next time...

6 comments:

natalie said...

He's such a cutie. I can't wait to see him running around with Karis & Emma...it won't be long!

Jake said...

that's my baby boy! you coulda put him in a different outfit though....

Medic Mom said...

He's so cute!!! I definitely see both of you in him!! Welcome to the great world of blogging!! Its so addictive and I'm glad you joined up so I can keep up with you guys! Love ya!

natalie said...

Don't listen to Kelli...that's a cute outfit! :]

Jackie said...

Love the outfit. Cute little boy too. Jackie

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

What an adorable baby! I'm a mom of three sons, one of them born August 30, 13 years ago. When I looked at that picture, it reminded me of my middle son's first Christmas. Enjoy the journey of motherhood!