Saturday, March 1, 2008

Wiggly Worm, Part 2

Gavin was acting sleepy this morning, so I put him in his swing for his nap. Ok, before I go any farther in this post, go ahead and ask the question: Do we buckle him into the swing? The answer is No. And I have good reasons for this, too - just like the bouncy seat thing. First, Gavin usually lies still when he's in his swing and just relaxes. And second, we've got the seat of the swing dropped back into a lying down position, so he's not sitting up. Anyway, it has some birds and leaves that go around in a circle and plays soft music - kind of like a mobile. I'm sitting on the couch eating my biscuit from Burger King (I prefer Hardee's biscuits, but there were a million people in the drive-thru this morning. Anyway...), and I watch Gavin reach up and try to touch the birds and leaves. I've never seen him do this, so I just sat and watched. He literally almost rolled out of the swing...while it's moving back and forth! Just a little more effort and I would have had to pick my child up off the floor!

What am I going to do with this kid?

I really do watch my child. I'm not a negligent parent. I keep him safe...most of the time. :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You better buckle that boy in! He's going to be a jumper!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Can I say "I told you so" yet?

Guess who?

Varner Party of 3 said...

Ok, Mom...you were right.