We had the best morning this morning. My friend Kelly and I took our kids to Shipwreck Cove to play in the water. I've heard the hooplah about it all summer, but hadn't gone...until today. It was sooo much fun, (except for 3 daycare centers being there), and perfect for Gavin. The water was the perfect depth for him to splash around in, but still be safe.
And to give some props to Kelly...I love how she schedules her activities with the kids. When she first told me that we would meet at the park at 9:45 am, I thought she was crazy. Waterpark @ 9:45? But it was perfect. The kids were worn out in 2 hours (plenty of time for me as well), ate lunch, and came home for a nap! Perfect timing! She's also told me that they do their outside play first thing in the morning and get it out of the way before it gets too hot. Too smart, Kelly. I have so much more to learn about managing playtime.
Anyway, here are some pictures from our super fun morning. Thanks Kel - I had a great time.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Shipwreck Cove
Posted by Varner Party of 3 at 1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
First of all, I'm THRILLED that you started your blog again. Gavin is a doll baby!!!! Also, I didn't know you are a scrapbooker. I recently met a lady who sells CM and has scraps at her home. DeAnna and I went a few weeks ago and stayed there until 1:00 am. It was a blast! She is having another one on August 15 from 11 am - 11 pm. Let me know if you are interested!
YEAH! I had SO much fun with you guys!! And girl, you know I have to plan morning activities so that I can get MY nap in! :-) Love you bunches and can't wait to do it again!
Psst...thanks for not posting less than flattering bathing suit pictures! :-)
Post a Comment