At the end of each chapter in my Bible study book, the author gives a recipe to try at our own group meeting. Chapter 1's recipe was Black Beans and Rice. At first, I was thinking, "blah", especially with brown rice, BUT it was actually very delicious, and so so simple. I'm thinking it would make a great party dish...like for the Super Bowl. Here's the recipe:
*****
4 cans black beans
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, minced (I used the kind already minced in a jar.)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used bagged Mexi cheese.)
2 cups whole grain brown rice
avocado, sliced
salsa
sour cream
tortilla chips
*****
Heat black beans in a pot over medium/high heat, keeping most of the juice. Saute chopped onion, cilantro, and garlic. After beans have heated for about 20 minutes, stir the sauteed ingredients into the black beans. In a separate pot, begin preparing the brown rice according to the package. Pour black bean mixture into 13x9 pan and add shredded cheese on top, extensively. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes at 325 degrees. Serve over rice. Have avocado, salsa, extra cheese, sour cream, and chips as toppings. Serves 6-8 people.
5 comments:
It was so delish!!!
That looks amazing.
Yum, gonna have to try that one.
It was SOOOO good!
I wish I was eating those black beans RIGHT NOW! :) They were so good.
Post a Comment