I have finally discovered a beef stir-fry that I love. Instead of just rice served with the beef, I found a noodle recipe that's so much better.
First, I marinate my stir-fry strips all day in a mixture of low sodium soy sauce, low sodium teriyaki sauce, minced garlic, several shakes of ground ginger, and a little splash of sesame seed oil. When I cook it, I pour all the marinade in the pan with it, and cook it down until the meat is done and the sauce is reduced.
Then, I followed this recipe from Taste of Home: Veggie Noodle Side Dish
*I used the veggies I like. (mushrooms, onion, matchstick carrots, zucchini, and squash)
1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
3/4 cup thinly sliced frish carrots
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tbsp canola oil
1 package (3 oz) ramen noodles
1 summer squash, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fajita seasoning
In a large skillet, stir-fry the veggies in oil for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package, leaving out (discarding) seasoning pack. Add the broth, soy sauce, and fajita seasoning to veggie mixture.. Continue to cook until veggies are crisp tender. Drain noodles, add to veggies and stir until blended.
*It says that it yields 4 servings, but it's really only enough for 2 people. When I make it again, I'll probably use 2 packs of ramen noodles. That way we can get seconds if we want, or have leftovers for the next day.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Beef Stir-fry
Posted by Varner Party of 3 at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm trying to cook more, but I only cook quick & easy recipes (I'm not a foodie...I just want to feed my family & myself). This looks like something I could do.
Oh My Goodness!! Christy, this sounds and looks delicious!!! I love Asian food... My mouth is watering:O)
YUM!!! When are you going to make it for the girls?!?!
Post a Comment