We love Toy Story in this house. Gavin has all 3 main characters - Buzz, Woody, and Jessie. Lately, we have been watching all the Toy Story movies over and over and over and over. I've never truly focused on all the words in the movies until I noticed my child repeating some of them. Right now, actually, we are watching Toy Story 1 for the 100th time. Now I have finally realized exactly where my child gets his word choices: Woody is screaming at Buzz after being left at the gas station on the way to Pizza Planet - "Shut up, you idiot!" One night last week, Dad was rough housing with Gavin and picked him up. Gavin yelled at him, "Put me down, you idiot!" You can just imagine my horror. My-jaw-dropped! Big sigh. Now then...how to handle this?
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know what ya are talking about.
We also have all 3 dolls and all 3 movies. Perrin and I watched them together the first time he watched them and when we heard that part at the gas station, Perrin immediately looked at me to see my reaction. I took the opportunity to explain that would never be repeated from Perrin and that it was not nice. He always looks at me when that part comes on and I just make a stern face and shake my head and he'll say, "Thats not nice." IF he ever says it (since I explained it already) he will just be spanked! haha!
Post a Comment