Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Disciple for Christ

I don't think she knew how her blog post - inviting people to her house for a Bible study - would bring other ladies closer to Christ. I don't think she knew how it would grow into what it is now. This is a lady who truly strives to do what God calls her to do. She works hard at being a Godly mother, wife, and friend. And although she isn't perfect and even has her frazzling days, she still does her best to serve Christ with her whole heart and be a disciple for Him. In church on Sunday, the message was about how we are responsible for passing along our faith to others - being disciples for Christ. The pastor used Paul's writing in 1st Timothy and 2nd Timothy as our references. He began, though, with Matthew 28:19, "Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations...". He defined disciple as a learner, a follower, and an imitator of Jesus Christ who accepts and assists in the spreading of the good news of Jesus Christ. Paul writes in 2 Timothy 2:2, "The things which you have heard from me in the prescence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." (NAS) Kelly's passion for studying the Word, sharing God's love with others, and growing closer to Christ has encouraged so many other ladies. She has entrusted and passed her faith on to many people; pushing them to do the same. Since her blog post, we have completed 4 studies, and we are working on the 5th now. We started out as a small group of about 5-6 ladies. Some have stayed along for the whole ride, and some have moved on. But the greatest thing about it is how much our group of Bible study girls has grown. Our group now has 11 ladies and continues to grow each time we start a new study. I write this because it's a true example of how spreading Christ's love to others can uplift and bring others closer to Christ...being a disciple for Him. It amazes me how God used a simple invitation to reach out to 11 other women - not only bringing us closer to Him, but also bringing us to each other, planting seeds of friendship to those we may have never gotten close to. We serve an awesome God who constantly shows how His timing and plan always comes together. I bet Kelly never imagined what her simple invitation would become.
(We are missing 4 of our girls in this picture.)
Ephesians 3:20-21..."Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen."
Thank you, Lord, for always doing more.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I am in tears. Our God is so good! I love you!

Kelly said...

Oh, and next time we have to take a picture standing up. We look so much skinnier that way! ;-)

Carly said...

You are so right, Kelly is such an awesome person and woman of God! And yes, next time we are standing up for pics!! I look like a beach ball! Ha.

Cheri said...

Kristy,
What an accurate description of Kelly. I think all of you are great Women of God and I am so happy and proud of all of you. Thank you again for inviting Judy and I to the shower and Bible Study.

natalie said...

I thank God for all of you! God knew that I needed you "for such a time as this".