Friday, August 19, 2011

Turkey Enchiladas

I know that 'turkey enchiladas' sound a little weird, but it's actually pretty good. Jason found this recipe a couple years ago during Super Bowl season. I think it's by Good Housekeeping. It's really quick and easy.

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz. roasted turkey breast from deli counter, chopped
  • 1 can no-salt-added kernel corn (drained)
  • 8 oz sour cream (reduced fat)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mexican blend cheese
  • 2 TBSP chopped cilantro
  • 8 flour tortillas (the original recipe calls for 10, but I've never gotten 10 of them to fit into my casserole dish)
  • 1 can red enchilada sauce
  • 1 cup salsa
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, corn, sour cream, half of cheese, and half of cilantro.


3. Place about 1/3 cup turkey mixture on each tortilla and roll up tightly. Arrange in prepared casserole dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.


4. In a bowl, stir enchildada sauce with salsa.
5. Pour over tortillas to cover. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts and enchiladas are heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Don't laugh, please... but I have always wondered what to say when I want chopped turkey from the deli. Do you ask for chopped turkey, or do you say you want turkey thickly sliced and then chop it yourself?

Varner Party of 3 said...

:)

I just get them to slice it for me. And then chop it at home.

And I don't ask for thick slices. I always ask for thin sliced.