Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Sweet Child

You know, I always talk about how sweet Gavin is and mushy gushy stuff like that. Well, he decided to show his true colors tonight, and I thought I'd show you just how sweet my child can be.

Notice that his bib says, "Hello world, I have arrived." That's the statement I believe he's trying to make. I wonder if my neighbors can hear his "message" through our walls?

I took a picture of him doing this with my cell phone and text messaged it to Jason (he's working late), and told him that I was getting ready to take this wild animal to the animal shelter and drop him off.
Yes, I sat there and took pictures of my child screaming; I laughed while I did it too. Is that bad?
He was actually screaming for 2 reasons...1) He'd just spit up all over himself right after I had put a clean bib on him. (Notice how nasty it is.) 2) He was so tired because he'd only taken 1 nap today, and he wouldn't let me rock him or do anything with him to soothe him. So, I put him in his exersaucer so he'd wear himself out a little more.
Disclaimer: Just to let you know, I'm not that bad of a mother to sit and let my child scream like that. I did get him up, gave him a little Tylenol to calm him down, and he finally gave up and went to sleep.
Motherhood? Zookeeper? Are they the same?

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Amen! Somtimes motherhood is like being a zookeeper! :-) (I've let my children scream like that too!)

Becoming Mommy said...

Nothing wrong with letting a kid scream when you've done everything you can to "fix" them. I really think sometimes they just need to let it all out like that. And you need to keep your sanity to take good care of him so taking "hysteria pics" and laughing is probably good for both of you.

Medic Mom said...

You are a great mother! Sometimes you have to just let them scream. As long as they aren't hurting themselves, it does them some good - I think!

natalie said...

I definitely think it's better to laugh than to let it upset you. If you get upset, that's bad for both of you. Emma had a tantrum a few days ago, and I had to keep myself from laughing. I didn't want her to think that her behavior was okay or funny...even though it was kinda funny.

The Browns said...

YES! EXACTLY the same! I think that sometimes a zookeeper would be easier because the animals can’t talk back to you!

Resa said...

Hey Kristy! It is so good to hear from you! Gavin is adorable. He has beautiful eyes. Just to let you know, I took pictures of Addison crying like that too. The screaming face is just too cute not to capture!