I found a recipe from my grandmother's church cookbook - I love church cookbooks. My sister, Kelli, made a pork chop casserole from it a few weeks ago. I decided to try it tonight, and it was soooo good. Here's the recipe: Pork Chop Casserole: 1 cup rice (not cooked) 2 cans cream mushroom soup (or I did 1 mushroom, and 1 cream of chicken) boneless pork chops (I had 6 thin sliced chops) sliced onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms *Of course, onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms are optional, but they give the chops a great flavor. Pour uncooked rice into the bottom of a casserole dish. Mix the cans of soup with a little water and pour a little bit over the rice (just so it has moisture). Layer the pork chops on top of the rice. Salt and pepper them.Then, layer the onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms on top of the pork chops. Pour the rest of the soup mixture on top. Cover with tin foil, and then bake @ 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. *I like to use different seasonings in my food. In this one, I sprinkled some McCormick's Basil & Garlic seasoning in the soup mixture before pouring it on top. I also put salt and pepper in the soup mixture as well. *This recipe fed Jason, me, and my mom. If you're feeding more than that, you may want to use more rice because there were no leftovers after we were finished eating. *I also put my casserole dish on top of a cookie sheet in the oven because it began to boil over the sides of the dish.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Keith loves this. I do 1 can cream of mushroom and 1 can french onion soup. With the french onion soup, the flavor is wonderful and doesn't need anything else!
I'll have to try this. Chad loves porkchops & rice, and I love easy casserole recipes!
This looks easy enough for even ME! I'll have to try it!
Post a Comment