I've noticed that I don't post much about Jason - mainly just Gavin and some other stuff. So, this post is all about my husband. Some of you know that my life seems to revolve around food (the waist line shows). I try to be a good cook - I want to be better than Jason at something; but there are several things that he's better at cooking than I am.
- Jason is THE grill master. He can grill anything to perfection and with great taste.
- He watched Alton Brown's Good Eats about making the perfect pancake. You'd think that making pancakes isn't really rocket science - but Alton Brown showed us the "correct" way. And now, Jason makes the best pancakes for breakfast on Saturday or Sundays. They're thick and fluffy, and they're the perfect tan color. Umm, so yummy. *Disclaimer - Jason watches Food Network because he has no choice - I'm usually watching it, so he has to watch it too - not because he likes to.
- Another breakfast food that he's great at making is an omelet. He was playing around in the kitchen one morning and figured out how to make them.
- Jason can also make gravy very well. It can be homemade gravy, or from a packet, and it's still perfect - consistency and taste.
- He found another recipe on Food Network - fried zucchini. The zucchini is cut into strips and then rolled in panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, and then deep fried. It sounds kind of funky, but it's delicious.
- His onion rings are the best. They're thick with a lot of breading. I love onion rings.
- His hamburger steaks are to die for. They're not just plain old patties. He seasons them with steak seasoning, grills them, and then puts them in the oven with mushroom gravy. Yummy.
- All you ribs fans out there...Jason's ribs are the ones you want. They are fall-off-the-bone delicious.
- He fries the best french fries. I usually just poke them in the oven (and they're usually real soft and mushy); but when Jason fries them in our deep fryer, the fries are tan and crispy...just like I like them.
- Last Saturday we were trying to figure out what to have for lunch. He came up with the idea of french dip sandwiches. It was so simple. It was just roast beef thinly sliced from the deli and heated in the oven with a can of beef broth and seasonings. We ate them on Kaiser rolls with provolone cheese. Soooo good. I wouldn't have ever thought of it.
3 comments:
you're so lucky.
My Hubby is learning. And it's gotten a lot better, but...
Well, he still does a better traditional breakfast. I always seem to set the griddle dial wrong and think it saying 350 when I've just put it on "warm".
I love your blog's new look! We need to have another Girls' Night Out soon...and based on this blog, I think Jason should cook for us! :)
Dinner at the Varners!!! I love it when the men cook!!
Post a Comment