Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wild Wednesday

It has been quite an eventful day today. And I think only mothers would truly appreciate the things I'm going to share with you. However, if you're reading this and you're not a mother, well, just remember that these things are actually part of the blessings of motherhood. Buckle up and hold on tight. Here we go...

  1. Jason called me this morning after I got to school to let me know that Gavin crawled across the living room floor to him. Hooray! Gavin has been doing the army crawl on his belly for several weeks now - he looks so funny, because he can really bust a move when he wants to get somewhere. He looks like a lizard moving across the floor. He's been getting up on his knees, but can't seem to put one in front of the other; but this morning he did! (This is the good part of the day.)
  2. Also, this morning, while Jason was changing Gavin's morning poop, in the middle of whiping him, Gavin reached down and grabbed the side of his diaper - the velcro part - and pulled it on top of himself - poop and all. Jason said that there were only 4 wipes left in the container and Gavin had poop all over his chest and tummy, and all over Jason's arm. (Hee, hee! I wish I had've seen this.)
  3. As for the curse of the full moon that I posted about, I believe I made the wrong assumption. As I've said before, Gavin has had a rough few days. I've noticed that he's been tugging on one of his ears - mom noticed too - but see, Gavin has big ears, and he's always doing that. So, I didn't think anything of it. Kelli called me this morning and said that Gavin wouldn't let her come near his ear, so she made a doctor's appointment and took him to get checked for me. When they undressed him and took his diaper off, he peed all over Kelli. (That's my boy.) Dr. Priggie saw the bruises that Gavin has all over his body - the one on his head, the one on his side, the ones EVERYWHERE; and did a blood platlet (sp?) test to make sure the bruises were ok. She said she got to see first hand why Gavin has all those bruises all over him...he's a handful. Then...on to the ears. She checked them and said his ears were good (Praise the Lord!), but she found something. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS????? She found one of Jason's chest hairs down inside Gavin's ear!!!!!! How ridiculous is that!!!! She said that explains Gavin messing with his ear and being fussy - it was simply getting on his nerves.
  4. And last but not least...I hung out at Kelli's this afternoon because Jason's working late - and I had no better place to be. Gavin was playing the Exersaucer and started fussing. When I picked him up, I felt something warm on my hands. I looked at my fingers and saw poop all over them - even under my fingernails. I rushed to change him, all the while wrestling with him because he can't sit still. After we were done, I picked him up, and then he threw up all over me...the carrots he had for lunch. So, I've been pooped on and puked on, all in one day. And guess what, I still have on the same shirt.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun day! :-) I'm so glad to hear that someone else's baby is a handful to change. Diaper changes are awful with Eli. I have to hold him down with one arm across his body and use the other arm to change him. And putting clothes on his isn't any better!!
I hope tomorrow is better for yall!

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness. What a day!
I didn't know whether to laugh or vomit over the hair in his ear! That is a riot.

natalie said...

Sounds like Gavin was sharing the love/poop/pee/puke with everyone yesterday!

Jackie said...

I wonder if Meredith is thinking twice, three or four times about having a child. ha ha