Monday, May 19, 2008

Curse of the Full Moon

Are there any other children out there who are affected by the full moon? Last night was the night from...um...another place. I went to church at WBC to watch Jessie and Jacob in the children's musical. I was called out of the program to get Gavin from the nursery. When I walked out of the santuary doors, I could hear Gavin screaming all the way down the hallway. From then on, Jason and I wrestled with him all night. I gave him Tylenol, thinking that maybe his gums were hurting. After that didn't work, I gave him some gas drops, thinking that maybe his tummy was hurting. Nothing worked. It even got to the point that Jason took Gavin outside, at night, and walked him down the street to calm him down. He wore himself out crying, and finally gave up and went to sleep. This morning was good, until his morning nap time. It lasted all of 20 minutes. After I realized he wasn't going to go back to sleep, we got ready because I had errands to take care of. He slept in the car for about 10 minutes. After that, he was a handful. He usually loves to ride in the buggy when we go shopping, but he would have nothing to do with it today. He slept in my arms for another 20 minutes - I was holding him and trying to push a buggy load of stuff at the same time. My arm was about to fall off. He was bad the rest of the afternoon. Nothing could make him happy. What has happened to my baby? When I looked outside tonight, and saw the moon rising....I realized - it's a full moon. There's my explanation. Please let the phase of the moon change SOON! Has anyone else seen a difference in their children the past couple of days?

4 comments:

natalie said...

Emma has been a complete daddy's girl the past couple of days. We went to the flea market on Sunday, and she wanted to walk with Chad the entire time. Last night, she wanted Chad to lay with her in our bed before she went to sleep, and she called for him when she woke up during the night. I don't mind that she is attached to him right now...it's kind of a break for me.

Kimberly said...

Kaitlyn was a nightmare tonight. She got spanked a few times because she just wouldn't listen. She then SCREAMED for a good 30 minutes because it was my night to put Karlee down and Scott's night to put Kaitlyn down...but she wanted nothing to do with him. She was literally kicking and punching him....very unlike her as she is a "daddy's little girl"

Kelly said...

We're feeling it over here too! Eli hasn't been sleeping well in the past couple of days and screamed a lot on Monday. Caroline has been extra bossy today ("Get me my milk").

Amy said...

WEll, I don't know what it has been, but Jake has taken 2-3 hours to settle down the past 3 nights. It has taken up our entire evening and has really worn me down. I have prayed and prayed for God to help me love Jake like he loves me bcause that just gets down right irritating. :) I'll be praying for you and Jason with Gavin. Glad to know I'm not alone. :)