Ten things going on in the Varner household:
- Gavin has been so cranky the past few days. Not only does he have thrush, he now has a cold. His nose and eyes have been pouring!
- I'm in the doghouse with my mom - not the first time, and certainly won't be the last. Life goes on.
- My sunroom floor has been grouted and sealed! Now, just to get the baseboards back in place...it's almost done!
- We have officially put gates up in our house to trap Gavin in the living room. That boy is everywhere!
- What do I do for Jason for Father's Day???? It has to be sentimental. I have a few ideas, but I can't make up my mind.
- I have faithfully watered the flowers on my front porch everyday. (For those of you who know me well, know that I don't do flowers. Nothing stays alive at my house.)
- I got my hair cut this afternoon. It's up to my shoulders and has a few layers. I have really let myself go since having Gavin. It's so hard to "primp" now, so I wanted to do something to feel refreshed. We'll see how long it lasts.
- Last night, I cooked dinner! I haven't cooked dinner for Jason and me in weeks! I made my version of Olive Garden's chicken scampi. It wasn't the exact recipe - instead of using white wine, I used chicken broth. It actually turned out really well...quite delicious, I might say.
- I'm not a tree hugger, but I'm trying to "go green" by using the canvas bags when I go grocery shopping. I already have a million grocery bags and I feel guilty anytime I put them in the garbage. What a waste to only be used 1 time before going to the landfill. I love the canvas bags from BiLo - they're thick and strong - but the ones from Walmart are wimpy.
- I want to have a yardsale. I have so much STUFF that has got to go!
Happy Tuesday!
4 comments:
Morning!!! I feel bad that Gavin is not feeling good, so excited about the Sunroom!!!! Hope to see pictures!! I'm so proud of you and your flowers...can't believe they're not dead. hehe I'm the same way...you know that! Can't wait to see your haircut too!! I want pictures!!! :) Love you!!
You are too cute! I am with you on keeping plants alive- I am actually keeping mine watered too!
I remember we had to corale (sp) the girls in the living room. We took several baby gates and made them a huge pen. It was funny - but necessary. Congrats on the plants. I plan on bringing back some Texas cactus - you can't kill those! Don't have that yard sale til I get back - I LOVE YARD SALES!
Hey Girl....
when you get out of the doghouse, send your used plastic bags to work with your mom. We recylce then everyday when we give out food!
See ya!
S High!
Post a Comment