Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend in Review

It's been a week since I last posted. The last week of school was crazy busy, but now I sit here with no school worries! It feels so great. We had a very busy first weekend on summer vacation -

Gavin is officially 9 months old. He is EVERYWHERE in our house, and we have to watch him with a hawk's eye because everything he picks up goes in his mouth. He pulls up on the couch, in his crib, and loves to climb on people - anyone who will let him. On a sad note though, I had to take him to the doctor yesterday morning because he woke up with a swollen upper lip. It scared Jason and me to death. I was searching his crib for anything that he could have busted his lip on. We looked under his lip and he had white stuff on his gums; and it looked like blisters on the underside of his lip. The only thing that I could think of is thrush - but I thought only newborns got it. The doctor said I was right. It was thrush and it had formed sores under his lip. It's so pitiful, but Gavin seems to be holding up well. He's in good spirits most of the day, but I can tell his doesn't feel 100%.

We celebrated Jessie's 12th birthday (my niece). Friday night, she and a few friends spent the night at the ScrapHappy scrapbook store in Greer; then went to mom and dad's for breakfast yesterday morning; then went to her house to swim for the rest of the afternoon. Then, last night, all the family met over at Kelli's house for ribs, salad, and potatoes. Talk about spoiled! She got the longest celebrated birthday ever!

While we were at Kelli's we decided to see how Gavin liked the swimming pool. Jason got in with him first. It took him a second to get used to it, but once he did, he splashed around like crazy.

This morning on our morning walk, we saw this hawk in a tree. There were like 10 small birds trying to attack it, but the hawk wouldn't budge. I've never seen one this close up before.

Jason is almost finished tiling my sunroom floor. It should be completed this week - hopefully (a 2 day project has taken 4 1/2 months). It's going to be my scrapbook room. I'm going to post a picture as soon as it's finished.

3 comments:

Amy Pass said...

I can't believe Gavin is 9 months!!!! Time has flown, hasn't it? I can't wait to see your scrapbooking room!! I just might have to come visit you to borrow it!!! hehe :) Love you!

natalie said...

Emma had fun playing with Jason, too! She loves playing with guys, and she'll probably remember playing with Jason next time she sees him. One of my dad's cousins, Eric, talked to her & held her on his lap when we were at the lake for Memorial Day. After that, he was her buddy. She remembered
Eric when we were there the following week, and this morning she talked about him and said they were going to swim together next time we're at the lake. So, Jason probably has a new buddy, too. I wouldn't be suprised if she wants to play with him again next time we're together.

A Girl Of God said...

You need to change 12th to 11th on jessie's pic.