Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Small Blessing

Gavin wakes up at the crack of dawn - as if he's afraid he's going to miss out on something. Getting up at 6:30-7:00ish is not what I want to be doing over summer break. This morning was no different. He woke up at 6:00, and I refused to get up that early. So, I got Gavin out of his crib and PUT HIM IN THE BED WITH ME! (I can't believe I did that. I swore I would never let my child get into the habit of sleeping with me in the bed.) He slept till 8:00!!! He hasn't done that in forever!!! Of course, I was awake because my body automatically wakes up early now, but it was still nice to just lay there in bed. Thank you Lord for sending me that small blessing today.

3 comments:

natalie said...

I did that with Emma when I worked evenings. She would wake up around 6 or 7, and I would put her in the bed with me so that we go back to sleep until 8 or 8:30. I don't want her to sleep in the bed with us all night, but a couple of hours in the morning is fine.

Kelly said...

Girl, I've done that too. Sometimes getting those extra hours of rest is so much more important!
My kids always seem to sleep late (like 9 or later!) when Andy's here to watch them, but they are up by 7 when I'm here. Go figure!

Resa said...

We have been doing this for a while now. I said that I would never let Addison in the bed with us too. We don't let her get in the bed with us if she wakes up in the middle of the night, but when she wakes up early in the morning, she is getting in the bed with us. Sometimes she will sleep until 9:45. That is really nice.