Saturday, August 16, 2008

First Birthday Pictures

Gavin had his picture made for his upcoming first birthday last week. His birthday isn't until the 31st, but I went ahead and had them done so I could have his pictures out at his party. I spent $300 on pictures. I couldn't help myself. It was so hard to choose which ones I wanted. I wanted them all! So, here are a few of my favorite proofs. (Sorry, but they're copyrighted, so they have writing across the picture.)

Before my great grandmother died (back in 2001), and before she went to the nursing home, she made a blanket for me to have for my children. She knew her eyesight was getting bad and that she wouldn't be able to make one later. So, I've had this blanket for several years, and thought I would have Gavin's picture made with it.

After that, we bought a cookie, hoping that he would get the icing all over him; but the icing was hard and crumbly so it didn't quite work out the way we wanted. But the pictures are still cute.
And a sweet parting shot...(don't let the sweet angelic face fool you)

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Awww. I know how special Mama Pye was to you. What a treasure that quilt is!
Cute Gavin, you're a sweetie!

Lydia said...

Those are precious! Where did you go?

natalie said...

So cute! I love the crying picture! I went overboard with 1st birthday pictures too, but they were worth it. Now, I just get the $9.95 packages & free birthday packages from Olan Mills. They have just the right amount of pictures that I need for my family.

The Browns said...

very cute! i can't believe he is already a year old!

Medic Mom said...

I love them!!! He's so cute! I can't believe, one year already?!?! I think the one where he looks like he's about to cry is my favorite!