Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back in the Daily Grind

Well, school officially started for me today. I hate that summer break is over, but at the same time, I'm glad school is starting back up. I'm a routine kind of person, so getting back on a schedule will be good for me; but I'm so going to miss galavanting around with Kelli and the kids. We had so much fun. So, the point of my post tonight. I'm frustrated with Gavin's sleeping habits. All summer I prayed that he would sleep late - past 7:00. But would he? No. (It only happened a couple of times.) So, this morning I woke up at 6:00 to start getting ready (no big deal - my body is used to getting up early now), and left for work at 7:30. I will have you know that little stinker was STILL ASLEEP when I left. OF ALL DAYS TO SLEEP LATE, he chose the day that I couldn't sleep in too. Figures. I think he does it on purpose.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yep, that sounds about right! My kids always choose the one day a week have to get out the door by a certain time, as the day to sleep in. They know exactly which button to push! I hope you have a great school year and I hope Gavin gets up early tomorrow!

natalie said...

He was trying to help you out so that you wouldn't get used to sleeping late and have a hard time adjusting to getting up early when you had to go back to work. He was only thinking of you! :)

A Girl Of God said...

how dare you gavin! you know mommy had to get up to go to school.