Friday Five: Five New Things About Gavin
- This week, Gavin has really started making great strides in starting to walk. He's taking more and more baby steps and loves the little walking-push toy that we took from Kelli's house. He's all over the place with that thing. I can't wait (well, really I can) for him to just let loose and take off.
- He says "bite" ("bi") or "more" ("mo") when he wants to eat what Jason and I are eating.
- When I rock him to sleep (Yes, I rock my baby. He's only little for so long.), I sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. While I sing it, he hums to himself as if he's singing with me; and he even changes the pitch of his hum when I change mine in the song. I love it.
- His fifth little tooth broke through this past week. It's beside one of his top teeth. He's had some pretty raunchy diapers and been really whiney - I'm hoping it has been from the tooth, and nothing else.
- We're starting to have a hard time feeding Gavin his baby food. He LOVES table food and expects us to feed him whatever we're eating. There have been several times that he's screamed bloody murder when I fed him, and wasn't happy until I gave him a cracker or something more "grown up". So, I tried something different yesterday. Instead of feeding him straight from the baby food jars, I poured the food into a bowl - like faking him out. It worked yesterday...we'll see today. I don't mind feeding him table food - but I can't do it all the time. I can't exactly feed him Mexican food or Chinese food if we're at one of those restaurants.
Here are a few pictures I've taken to go in his scrapbook for his 11 months old page.
3 comments:
I've heard people say Gavin looks like Jason, but man, that "silly face" in your sidebar makes me think of you! It's the sweet mouth expression.
The eating thing only gets worse! Karlee insists on feeding herself everything, and boy does it make a HUGE mess. Gotta love it though. I had forgotten how cute it is to watch them try to figure out the best angle to get their mouth!
What a big boy! :-)
Post a Comment