Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Flea Market Education

Jason, Gavin, and I enjoyed a nice Saturday morning out. The weather is absolutely wonderful today! We ate breakfast at Hardee's and then headed to the Barnyard Flea Market off of Hwy 101. We love yard sales and flea markets, especially that one since Tab's Flea Market in Greer is practically vacant. Even though we go walk around at flea markets all the time, today there were a few things that really stuck out to me:

  1. You can buy all your groceries at the flea market now...veggies, snacks, make-up, personal hygiene products, and even your cleaning supplies!
  2. Speaking of veggies, in the very last building, there was a Hispanic man selling produce - and it was fresh produce. It was so fresh that the dirt was still on the veggies! I was excited. He had the biggest zuccinis I have ever seen! So, we bought 2 humongous zuccinis, 2 green poblano peppers (so we can make chili relleno), and 1 big bell pepper for $3.00 - a whole lot cheaper than if we bought them at the grocery store.
  3. Did you know that you can get all of your wedding supplies at the flea market? No kidding. There were 2 stalls that had wedding invitations, silk flowers, decorations, accessories, and even dresses!
  4. The flea market is a hot spot for new items, instead of people's "stuff". I'm really disappointed in this. I love to look at people's stuff and junk - old books, dishes, furniture, etc. If I want to buy new items, I'll go to Walmart!
  5. And of course, I learned today that the flea market is a great place for foreigners to sell stuff, as well as it is a great place for rednecks to gather.

I hope you have enjoyed your beautiful Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I just told my mom today that I'd like to go over there now that it's cooler outside. :-) Thanks for all the info! hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I was at the fall retreart with Anderson Mill church so I didn't go to any sales Saturday-shucks!!!- Jessie