We had a busy busy weekend, but it was so great. First, before I continue, we need to celebrate a weekend with no injuries for Gavin! No bumps, no emergency rooms, no blood, no cracked open foreheads, no smashed fingers. Woohoo!
- On Friday night, Jason and I had plans with some friends of ours to go the Byrnes/Dorman game, but then, as you know, it was postponed till Saturday. Since we both already had babysitters lined up for the night, we decided to go eat out and then come back to the house and play Wii - well, the boys played Wii, while Tina and I watched. It was nice to have a fun adult evening (but I secretly missed having Gavin home).
- On Saturday afternoon, I went to pick Gavin up from his Mema's house (Jason's mom). He loves to stay at her house because he gets her undivided attention and she let's him do whatever he wants (I guess that's a grandma's right). I had errands to run, so I asked her to go with me and I'd take her to lunch for keeping Gavin for us. We ate at Olive Garden - I love that place. But our lunch only lasted for about 30 minutes before we had to go. Gavin was WILD, and there was nothing I could do to get him to calm down. Usually, he's easy to take out, but something got into that boy and he couldn't get himself together. To keep it short, just know that just about everyone in the restaurant knew we were there, and they were all staring! I apologized to the waitress and told her please bring the bill quickly because I had to get Gavin out of there! He was asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car. (I knew that was the problem - he was just tired. I should have known better.)
- Our church had a Pumpkin Patch party Saturday night. I was so excited to go to it - last year, Gavin was too little to do anything fun. We played with some other kids and went on a hay ride. Everything else was for older children, not much for Gavin's size. I was a little disappointed, but I have to remember that most carnival things aren't for 1 year olds.
- Our family always takes the traditional trip to Hendersonville to get apples and enjoy the Fall weather. When I say family, I mean everyone - Me, Jason, and now Gavin, Mom, Dad, Ray, Katie, Kelli, Paul, Jessie, Jacob, Karis, and my grandma, and grandfather. We always stop first at The Dish Barn and A Day in the Country to see the new stuff they have out. Then we trek on up the road to Lyda Farms. We always get a sample apple to eat, and then buy different kinds to split. We used to have a picnic on their field area, but my grandparents don't get around well anymore, so we just eat at Binion's for lunch now. After we leave Lyda Farms, we drive down to Chimney Rock and walk the street and get ice cream. Then we head down Hwy 9 to come home. It's an all day affair, and very tiring (especially since there's so many people), but I look forward to this trip each year. We changed things up a little bit this year. We stopped first in Columbus to see a waterfall before having lunch. Then we went on to the apple orchard, and then to get ice cream; but this time we didn't go to Chimney Rock to get the ice cream. Instead, we went back to Columbus and ate a little ice cream shop before heading home.



1 comments:
What a perfect day. I miss those trips from my childhood.
Post a Comment