Five Things About Our Halloween:
(I was going to post this Friday night, but I was too tired.)
- We didn't go to many houses because Gavin is still too young to really trick or treat, and of course, we didn't need the candy. But we did go to our next door neighbor's house, Mom and Dad's house, Jason's dad's house, and to see Jason's mom.
- Gavin tried to grab tons of candy. We let him do it for picture purposes, but then we gave it all back!
- When we were driving to meet Jason's mom, we cut through Lyman Mill Village to get to Hwy 290. BIG MISTAKE! I remember a long time ago when my sister and Paul lived in the mill village, they had a ton of kids come by. But nothing like what we saw Friday night! There were lines of cars and people, and it took us about 7-8 minutes, no lie, to get through the stop sign. I have never seen so many people on that street in my life. I guess I need to remember for next year - the mill village is the place to go!
- We stopped by Duncan First Baptist (where we met Jason's mom) to see the festival they put on. It was really nice. They had inflatables and games, and someone singing on the stage, had door prizes, food, and other stuff. It was a little too old for Gavin to really do anything, but it was a nice family event.
- I love Halloween because we always go to my parents' house for a bon fire and we roast weenies for hot dogs and roast marshmellows too. A lot of mom's friends come by, and usually Sherriff Chuck Wright stops by too (my brother and Chuck's son were friends in high school and they live right down the road from mom and dad) - but I don't know if he came by before we got there or not. The weather was nice and cool for the bon fire. I was able to enjoy it for a little while, but Gavin was so worn out from all the excitement and busy-ness that we had to call it a night so we could put that little turtle to bed.
Jason carved our pumpkin. I was so proud. Here it is:
Jason found the template for Blue's Clues on the internet. He followed it to carve our pumpkin. Didn't he do a great job?
3 comments:
That pumpkin was amazing! Gavin's costume is the cutest by far that I have seen this year.
I love that turtle costume!!! Maybe next year I can borrow it for Reese? I really enjoyed seeing you guys. Let me know what you think about what we talked about!! See ya soonQ
I love his costume! He was cute and looks like he had a blast!
Post a Comment