Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Thoughts on the Election

Yes, this post is political, and it is long, but this is my blog, my thoughts, my soapbox. I voted yesterday. Even though I waited for 2 hours, I made my opinion count. It was worth it. I've watched several interviews on TV and listened to people express their views and share who they were voting for. Many people gave clear thoughtful explanations for their choice, but do you know what I heard the most??? ... "It's going to be cool to have the first black president in history." ... WHAT? Is that why we're voting? To make history? To be a part of something "cool"? It has nothing to do with what direction we want America to go? People can be so ignorant. I don't care for neither McCain nor Obama. But to me, McCain was the lesser of the two evils. You know, everyone is complaining about the economy. Well, I don't like that the stock market is crazy, that my and Jason's retirement is being played with, that there are questions about insurance and healthcare stuff, and conflicts over income taxes. But you know what? That's all about money. I already know that America is going down hill anyway - we're getting close to the end times. Forget stuff connected with money - I'm concerned about things that have to do with moral value. My main concern is of 3 things. Three reasons why I DID NOT vote for Obama: 1. He supports abortion. The Bible clearly states: Psalm 51:5 – “I was born a sinner – yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.” (NLT)(meaning that we are a "person" starting at conception) Jeremiah 1:5 – “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.” (NLT) (we are a "person" before being born) Proverbs 6:16-19 - "There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers." ("hands that shed innocent blood" - anyone who helps or has a part in abortion) *I CANNOT and DID NOT vote for someone who believes it is ok to inject a saline solution into the mother's womb to basically burn the baby (or fetus, as other's would say), and poison the baby!! *I CANNOT and DID NOT vote for someone who thinks it's ok to pull the baby partially down the birth canal, stab the base of the baby's skull to make an opening, and then suck it's brain out!!

THIS IS NOT OK!
2. He supports homosexuality, and also believes that homosexual couples should be allowed to adopt children, teaching them that their lifestyle is ok. The Bible clearly states: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Lev.18:22) "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Lev.20:13)
THIS IS NOT OK!
3. He wants to bring all of our troops home. (Duh, don't we all?) Although I want our troops home as well, we can't do it. If we pull out, it leaves too much open room for the war to come over to American soil. It gives them opportunity to create another 9-11. That war isn't going to end.
And also, on a side note, Obama has Muslim in his family background. No, he isn't Muslim himself, but his father was before becoming an atheist. It may sound silly to you, but it's scary to me. The Muslims are the ones wanting to take out America, so it seems like we would want to steer clear of embracing anything with Muslims. (Just a thought.)J As I was watching the election results last night, Channel 7 news was interviewing a church member where there was a congregation of people in a church singing praises to God that Obama is leading. So, from what I get from this is that these people believe that God is happy with someone in the presidency who is for abortion and homosexuality? That doesn't really make sense; especially since the Bible strictly condemns it. I can't understand how Christians (those who say they are followers of Christ) can vote for Obama, considering what he believes in. You either stand for Christ and His principles, or you're against Him. Do I respect Obama? Yes. My mom and dad taught me to respect everyone. Do I support Obama? NO. I just wish people would have not been so blinded by the "first black man to be president" craze and really thought about the moral issues at hand. I hope America likes what it got. Yeah, we made history; but I just hope America won't BE history in 4 years.

14 comments:

The Dales said...

Oh I know! Exactly why I could not bring myself to vote for him.... moral reasons!! Its like people have totally put their beliefs and morals aside to vote for the "cool/in thing". I am speechless when I hear people say that the "money issues" are more important to them right now, over moral ones? What? I just don't understand some people?!?! There are some things I just couldn't overlook even if Obamas plans had been better than McCains, I cannot condone abortion, gay rights, etc etc etc!

Ok, I gotta stop now....

:)

Kelly said...

Well said my friend!

Jackie said...

I have to agree with you. I didn't have a problem with the race or sex of the person running for president, IF they believed what God tells us and were qualified. I am sorry but Obama doesn't fit the bill for me but then we all have our opinions. I can't turn away from what God teaches us.
We will have to continue to pray and seek God's will for us and our country.

Becoming Mommy said...

I couldn't support either because of the various things they support. To me, they both have their little touches of evil.
Which is why I vote Green and Indepependant.
After all, it's hard to argue that environmental issues are at all wrong. We're charged by God with the stewardship of our world. We should see that it's done right.
I don't see why we should all be saddled with a two-party system. This is a Republic after all (no we don't have a true Democracy...we have a Republic), and should be able to vote for whatever representation suits us best. And I think that the 2 major parties my be too extreme for most of us.
My hope is that those who've been voted in, will all do their best and be guided from above in their actions, regardless of their personal opinions.

Anonymous said...

Proverbs 6:16-19. If that doesn't describe George W. Bush/Dick Cheney and the war in Iraq. I don't know what does...

Obama has Muslim in his family background? McCain wasn't even Baptized. Lincon read the Bible and quoted it often he never became a Christian and often denied adherence to Christianity and characterized his religious beliefs as deist or atheist. History has lead us to believe he was a pretty good President.

Oh yeah, and that whole constitution thing that talks about freedom of religion. Radical Muslims want to bring down this country the same way Radical Christians from Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols have carried out terrorist activities in America.

America is so great because you can post what you want through the freedom of speech, but as Christians it is important to love or leaders even our enemies.

Anonymous said...

I just can't understand how "Christians" like you can judge and put down people who are not like you. Doesn't being Christian mean that you should welcome ALL walks of life, including Gay people and Muslims and leave the judging up to God? I happen to know many Gays and Muslims, and they are ALL good people...and for you to sit there and say they should not have the same rights as other people is the reason why so many people in this world are turned off from Christianity. I respect your opinion, however, I am just tired of seeing these "Christians" leaving these type of posts that pretty much scream hatred toward people who have different views.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your parents taught you respect, and obviously they did a wonderful job teaching you to be ignorant as well.

I love how Christians are always the first people to publicize their hatred of others. Why not just kill everybody who isn't Christian? That's the Christian way, right? Don't kill a baby, but damn the Muslims and gays. What a joke! I hope you and your ridiculously closed mind rots in hell...

I used to be proud to be a Christian, but people like you have pushed me farther and farther away. I really hope one day you wake up and realize that the way to heaven isn't through hatred.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for taking a stand for what you believe in. Let me give you some verses to make you feel good about the negative comments that have been left here.

Matthew 5:10-12
10 “Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.
11 “Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake.
12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

The fact that these people have left there comments make me feel good b/c if shows me that you are doing what God has asked for you to do. The verses above let us know that it is going to happen when we truly do Gods will.

For those of you who have made your "freedom of speech" comments. First off, it is sad to see that you have nothing better to do with your time than to leave your negative comments. If you would like to give your opinions...start your own blog and maybe just maybe someone else who has nothing to do with there time can leave you a comment about YOUR personal beliefs. It is one thing to leave a comment on a blog b/c you know someone, it is another to randomly read blogs and leave hateful comments. I would hope that everyone who has commented here knows the owner of this blog, if not then I would think them a coward if they didn't atleast let them know who left the comment.

Next, it is one thing to "tollerate" a lifestyle it is a totally different thing for that lifestyle to be "OK". I personally "tollerate" homosexuality, but for those of you who do not want to see/admit it...that lifestyle will lead those people to an eternity in hell. That's not passing judgement on my part, that is a judgement that has already been passed down by God himself. Tollerate it(homosexuality) all that you want...I do...and trust me it is much closer to home for me that most of you will ever know in your lifetime. To grant these individuals the same rights as the ones that you and I have (marriage, etc.) is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of trying to change the laws that God himself put in place. Fight for there rights all that you want to but realize that you will have to answer to God for this. Again, it will be his judgement not mine.

Next, not one comment that I have read says anything about "hatred". All that I see are personal views and opinions which last time I checked was perfectly legal/constitutional in this great country that we live in. If you have an opinion put it on your own blog. Don't put your "hate" mail on someones comment spot. If you disagree with what has been posted here then simply say that. "I do not agree with what you have written".

Finally, for those who once claimed to be a "Christian" I want to inform you that if you don't still consider yourself one...then you never were one. If you would be kind enough to give me your name then I would be happy to pray for you.

If anyone disagrees with my comment simply say so. Everyone has the right to there opinion. If you would like to make another hateful comment on this blog b/c of what I have written simply address it to me "Jason". I have no problem with this b/c I know that your opinion of me is meaningless. There is only one man that I need to please in this lifetime and that mans name is "Jesus Christ". I am happy to know people who standup for him in this terrible world that we live in and pray that all "Christians" will be bold enough to take a stand for what they believe in.

Jake said...

I am proud of you sis! Remember: anonymous = coward
whoever posted those comments are hiding behind the fear that someone will discover their true colors. they are wrong and know it. Jason is right in that you know you are speaking the TRUTH when evil attacks you for it.
Love you.

Jake said...

Also keep in mind: someone with that much anger towards a personal blog post prob is hiding alot of guilt over something you said.
Just a thought.

The Dales said...

Amen! They definitely are feeling guilty about how they believe or something they have done. If they weren't guilty they would not feel the need to give so many reasons and to leave such ugly, mean comments. Oh, and def a coward!

Keep on preaching, Kristi!

Mak said...

Just wanted to let you know that I totally understand how you feel. About a year ago, someone left an anonymous comment on my blog about adoption. It really bothered me that someone only typed in adoption, found me, and decided to pounce. The difference is that this person wasn't anonymous. She was from somewhere in England. When I found her blog, she had actually written about me in it. It was the strangest thing. She OBVIOUSLY had lots of time on her hands and plenty of baggage to go with it.

I say all that to say this... you have every right to voice your views on your OWN blog. That's why you have it. I totally agree with everything you said. There wasn't anything about hatred in it. God tells us to love the sinner, not the sin. If we had to be good enough, none of us would make it.

I hate to see you make your blog private. You could just filter it. If you do keep it private, I would love to be able to read. Gavin is one of the most precious children I've ever seen.

I will join you in prayer for the people who wrote on your blog. They really need to spend their time being more constructive.

Also, what your hubby said was AWESOME!!!!

Jackie said...

If we believe what the Bible tells us then we know we cannot except homosexuality or abortion or anything else that we are taught is wrong. No matter how we try to make it "OK" in our eyes, it isn't in God's. As Jason said we don't hate the sinner we hate the sin. We are called to pray for each other. I have friends that are gay, I don't hate them I pray for them.
Love you Krist

Kimberly said...

Hey girl! I totally uphold your right to say what you want! But I do have to say I disagree with you on several points....but that's what America is about right? And, I am leaving my name and not being ugly about it! I am glad to live in a country where we can disagree, and yet still be friends! ; )