Saturday, November 15, 2008

November Happenings

I got so caught up in my political post a few weeks ago, that I forgot to post these pictures. (By the way, thanks for sticking around.) Here are some pictures of our everyday happenings:

Gavin adores Karis.

Jacob celebrated his 9th birthday.
Happy birthday, buddy.
Gavin found a wooden horsey to play on at his Mema's house.
Ray is now a first time homeowner. My little brother has grown into a smart, handsome young man. He's worked hard for what he has. I'm so proud of him.
And to leave you with a giggle...
"Why did Kristi put a picture of socks on her blog?", you may ask. Well, here's why:
I went out with mom last night, and Jason did a little shopping with Gavin while I was gone. When I came home, I started going through the Target bags and saw several packs of socks. Gavin was needing some socks, so Jason picked some up for him. I pulled out a pack of plain white socks, a pack of white socks with navy and red on the bottom, and then I pulled out those socks - pink and lavender.
Confused, I asked Jason, "Honey, who are these for?" thinking they were for my friend's little girl.
He said those were for Gavin!
I laughed sarcastically and said, "really?" Jason looked at me funny and was honestly confused by MY question.
Then he said, "You don't like them? I didn't know if you'd like this turquoise color or not, but I figured he could use the others."
TURQUOISE? Does anyone else see turquoise?? When did pink and lavender become turquoise?
I haven't laughed so hard in my life! Jason is colorblind - for real, no joking. He really thought those socks were blue. Poor thing, but what a sweet thing to do to take care of getting Gavin some socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats for your post about the socks. It was so sweet of you to point out my mistake. You better be glad that I have a sense of humor.

Love you

natalie said...

Jason, at least you have an excuse because you really are colorblind. If you had bought those socks for Gavin knowing that they were pink & purple, I would be a little worried.