Tuesday, August 18, 2009

10 on Tuesday

Ten things I’m thankful for today:

  1. I have a job to go to. Although I have thoroughly enjoyed every second of being home this summer, and I really don’t want to be back at school, I’m thankful that I have a job waiting on me. So many recent graduates and others are searching for teaching positions and can’t find one because no one is hiring. I am thankful I don’t have to worry about that.
  2. I love our family feasts. When we all get together at Mom’s house, it’s a complete circus. When all 12 of us are there sitting around one table, it gets loud and crowded, and the chaos drives me nuts. (Sometimes I think I need medication, seriously.) But I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Being with my family and laughing with each other is the one of the best memories I get to relive often.
  3. I thank God for giving me a new day each day to live. He could very easily decide my time is up, but He gives me breath and allows me to hear that dreaded alarm clock each morning.
  4. I’m thankful for good fitting blue jeans, especially my Lee jeans that say “instantly slims you”. Anything that says that has my vote immediately!
  5. I’m thankful for the evenings when Jason comes home in time for dinner. I love to cook dinner and sit together as a family as we eat. It doesn’t happen as often as I would like, but when it does, I love that time.
  6. I’m thankful I have the memories of my great grandmother, Mama Pye. She died when she was 95 and was very wise. She made all of my Sunday dresses when I was little, and made my security blanket that I used all the way into high school, and I even took it with me to North Greenville. It has such great sentimental value.
  7. I’m thankful that we have enough money to pay for our bills each month. I hear and read about people all the time struggling to make ends meet. I thank God that he has provided Jason and me with enough money to take care of our finances.
  8. I’m thankful I married a husband who is such a hard worker. Jason is a perfectionist and takes his job seriously. He won’t leave until his work is done. I know I can count on him to provide for our family.
  9. I’m thankful for friends who set an example for the way Christian women should act. They don’t know it, but they challenge me to be better than I am now, just through their actions and words. I’m thankful God placed them in my path.
  10. And of course, I’m thankful for my Gavin. He may have hit the Terrible Twos and be absolutely wild, but I love that boy more than I thought I ever had room in my heart for. God gave me a healthy and easy pregnancy with him, and he was born perfect. I thank God for His protection from the very beginning and His continued protection around Gavin each day.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you for this post! It made me rethink all the things I have to be thankful for in my life. And YOU are one of the people I am very thankful for! I can't wait until we can spend more time together.

Meredith said...

You are #9 to me. Always have been.