Katie and I participated in Race for the Cure in Greenville yesterday morning. We did the 5K walk. Getting up at 5:00 am was not very dandy, and walking in the misty damp air and cold breeze wasn't pleasing either; but we had a great time and were glad to support all the women and families affected by breast cancer.
I think the best part of the whole thing was watching the Survivor's Parade. All the ladies that have survived were grouped by how many years it has been since they were diagnosed, and then walked to the "red carpet" to receive a medal while Miss Greenville sang a song. It was so moving. It was all I could do to keep from crying as the younger women with children in strollers were walking past; and older women with their grandchildren on the sidewalk cheering for them - "Go grandma!".
...Wow. I wish you could have been there to see it.
And I thank God for blessing me with good health so far. I pray that if this terrible disease were to ever strike, no matter what type of cancer, that I would have the strength to stay positive like the women I saw yesterday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment