Sunday, October 25, 2009

Need a Date Night?

If you're looking for a new place to eat out with your special someone, The Plaid Pelican is worth your time. The music teacher at my school (Ranessa) and I have become close friends. Before she and her husband Paul got married, he used to be our school cafeteria manager. (He cooked at several special events for the school...so good. Not school food, but REAL food.) Once they got married, he left the school and opened his own restaurant - The Plaid Pelican. I've only eaten there once, mainly because Jason and I don't really have any date nights anymore, and the restaurant is in Taylors (we tend to stay close by). I can vouch for the food - ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. It's small and quaint, not really a place for young children. He serves fresh seafood and his specialty is shrimp and grits. I'm not a big seafood eater, so I ordered smothered chicken. It was great! The menu prices are in the $16-$20 range, but totally worth it. This is kind of an advertisement for the restaurant. Ranessa has told me that business has slowed down drastically because of the economy. So, if you're ever looking for a nice little dinner place for you and your sweetie (or if you're doing a girl's night out), give The Plaid Pelican a try and help them out. You won't be disappointed. Directions: Take Hwy 29 (Wade Hampton) to Taylors, to the red light before Texas Roadhouse - Rutherford Road. Turn right onto Rutherford Road and follow it for several miles until you reach the red light at Stallings Road. Turn right onto Stallings Road, over the railroad tracks, and the restaurant will be on the left, in the shopping strip - directly across from Ingles grocery store. You can visit their website and view the menu with prices: http://www.theplaidpelican.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think the YaYas would enjoy it or would we be too rowdy? :)

Jackie said...

I think a bunch of us here at school are going to try it one night. We go out about every 5 weeks and this will be our next outing.

Varner Party of 3 said...

Thanks Jackie. I know Ranessa and Paul would really appreciate the business. When y'all do go, please be sure to tell me how it was.