On Presidents Day weekend every year, my family takes a trip to Gatlinburg to go snow tubing. Last year it was so warm that I had to take off my toboggan, scarf, and gloves; and I probably could have taken off my coat as well while we were tubing. This year was different. The temperature was actually normal, plus we got to see snow.
Friday night from our hotel room balcony
Saturday morning
Gavin was prepared with his pajamas and rainboots on
Jacob took snowboarding lessons
Jessie took skiing lessons
.JPG)
Mom was a stylish cheerleader for everyone
Jason and I went snow tubing

We took Gavin's bed rail with us. He was trying to climb over it like a fence and got stuck. This picture doesn't even do it justice - it was hilarious.

The drive to Gatlinburg took forever - the detour and the traffic were horrible. But the mountain views and scenery up I-26 into Tennessee were
absolutely amazing...I have never been thru there before because we've always been on I-40. As frustrated as I was to be in the car for longer than I would have liked, I really did enjoy seeing a different side of the mountains.
2 comments:
So glad yall had a fun time! You deserved a great vacation!
What a fun tradition!
We had to take a crazy detour to get to Knoxville at New Year's, also because of the rock slides, and it was just gorgeous and covered with snow. So I know you enjoyed your view, despite the long ride!
Post a Comment