I tried a few new recipes this week. They turned out really well. They were super easy and quick, so I wanted to share them with you.
Chicken Tortilla Chowder

*from
Taste of Home*
2 cans cream of potato soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups milk
1 can chicken broth
1 can mexicorn, drained
1 package ready-to-serve chicken breast strips, chopped (I used Oscar Myer Deli Fresh Southwestern chicken strips)
1 small can chopped green chilis
3 flour tortillas, sliced 2 in. x 1/2 in. strips
cheese
Heat soups, milk, and broth in large pot, stirring frequently. Add corn, chicken, and chilis; bring to a boil. Stir in tortilla strips. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cheese.
BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups

*from
Kraft Foods*
1 lb. lean beef
Small green bell pepper, chopped
Small red bell pepper, chopped (I used onion instead)
1/3 cup Bbq sauce (I eyeballed it and added a little more)
1 can of refrigerated biscuits (about 10 biscuits)
Mexican style cheese
Brown the meat in a medium pot with peppers (and onions). Stir in bbq sauce. In a muffin pan (12 cup pan), press 1 biscuit into the bottom and press it up against the sides of each cup. Fill biscuit cups with the meat mixture, and press the mixture down with the back of a spoon. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until biscuits are lightlybrowned. Top with cheese and bake 3-4 more minutes until cheese is melted.
I served my beef biscuits with mashed potatoes, Steam Fresh corn (which I have fallen in LOVE with), and sauteed fresh green beans and zuccini with garlic.

Delicious!
3 comments:
Do you think the soup could be cooked in a crockpot? I like to put things on to cook before I leave for work in the mornings. It is so nice to come home and have the house smelling good and knowing supper is DONE!!:)
I don't know if I'd put it in the crockpot - if I did, I'd probably just put in on "warm", not even "low". Everything in it is already cooked, it just needs heating through. The soup only takes about 20 minutes to make. That's why I loved it sooo much!
Both looked delicious (even without the cuisine setting!)!! I have had the BBQ biscuits before and they are fabulous. I can't wait to try the soup!
Post a Comment