Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gavin's Friends

I was reading Meredith's blog, and she posted some pictures that she played around with on Picknik. I've heard people mention this site so many times before but I've never looked for myself. So I got curious and tried it out. Each morning when Gavin wakes up, he has to take ALL of his stuffed animals into the living room with him to drink his milk and watch cartoons. We have to take his blanket, Rocky Bear, Little Bear, Monk (monkey), blue bink, the other blue bink, and white bink (binky). We can't leave anyone behind. So I was able to darken the edges and add text. I like that feature. My question is, to all you Picknik experts, will Snapfish be able to develop it like that? I wanted to do more but it kept saying I had to upgrade and pay for a membership. Instead of giving someone my bank account information, I wonder if it would be worth my time to just buy photo editing software to put on my computer. So my next question is this, does anyone know or recommend a good photo software that can do these things?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm pretty sure that Snapfish can print it out like that, especially since you saved it to your computer. That's how I make my blog headers.
Not sure about a good photo editing program other than Photo Shop.
Gavin's friends picture turned out precious! You should frame it!

Alison said...

The only trouble I had with Snapfish was that it didn't put the border. I haven't had much time to play around with it to see if I could fix it to print the border but I'm going to this weekend so I'll let you know!

The Browns said...

Yes, you can print it out like that. I do it all the time. That's how I made Austin Kate's birthday invitations. Just upload it to an online site (I use Walgreens or CVS) and you can pick it up in store.