I have a bird feeder in my front yard and bought a big bag of bird seed. Normally I keep the bag of seed in my utility closet in the house, but this time we bought a huge bag of it instead of the small bag I normally get to save money - the birds eat me out of house and home. I have no room in my closet for this big bag, so I've folded it over and clipped it closed, and left it outside on the front porch. NOT A GOOD IDEA! I came home yesterday afternoon to a hole gnawed out of the bottom corner of the bag, and tons of eaten seed shells in a pile on the ground. So I went to Dollar General and grabbed a plastic storage container to put it in, put the lid on, and put it on top of a small table on the porch for the night until I could find another place to put it. This morning when I opened the front blinds, there was a pesky little rodent (a squirrel, not a rat) on top of the container sniffing around. I was like, "Ha ha ha! I've got you! I out-smarted you!" Oh no! The squirrel is definitely not giving up so easily. I came home from work this afternoon and found that it has been chewing thru the plastic to get to my seeds. Now what do I do?
Tonight, after celebrating Cinco de Mayo at El Mexicano, mom and dad came over to help plant some flowers and vegetables. Gavin loves to help Pops do everything, so he was right down in the dirt with him. This dirty boy was covered from head to toe!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
A Pest and a Dirty Boy
Posted by Varner Party of 3 at 10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sure he (and Pops) had a blast! When we would camp we had to take containers that were made from hard plastic with latches to keep the lids on. The containers had 2 latches and one night I only latched one latch. The little rascals (raccoon) pried open the one side just enough to get his paw in and grab the bread bag, pulled it up to the top and got out as much bread as his litt paw could squeeze thru the tiny opening of the container. Resourceful little animals they are!
Don't forget, they got the Blow-Pop suckers too!
Post a Comment