This was my teddybear when I was little girl.
My mama bought it for me when I was really sick. I love the saying on its belly because that's what she always sang to me to wake me up in the mornings. It's "our song".
Well, Gavin has become attached to it. He sleeps with it, and holds it in the mornings when he first wakes up. He knows that it's mine, and will tell me that it's old. It makes my heart feel good to see him with it.
2 comments:
That's my mom's and my song too. The day my parents left me at Furman I was already an emotional wreck, and then a girl on my hall showed me her stuffed animal that sang that tune. Ummmm, yeah, I had a little breakdown....
Anyway, so sweet that Gavin loves your bear too. Precious heirloom.
That makes my heart happy as I know you have adopted (borrowed) that song for Gavin as well. You can't totally have it for him as it is still "our" song. And please tell Gavin, it is NOT old!! :-)
And can you say I got my money's worth from that teddybear?
Meredith, I know you've always brought your mom "sunshine" just like Kristi has me.
Post a Comment