Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nations Bakery

I went out to eat with Mom for lunch today. I've been wanting to try out that junky little place in Lyman...Nations Bakery. I've seen lots of cars in the parking lot, so I figured it couldn't be too bad. Mom and I, thankfully, shared the Cuban sandwich. It was incredibly big. It came with homemade home fries, a slice of cantaloupe, a small slice of watermelon, and a small cup of cole slaw. It was WAY too much to eat, and it was WAY too delicious.

My half eaten (sorry) portion of the Cuban sandwich
You would NOT believe the pastries, homemade loaf of breads, and desserts they have! I wanted to order a sampler platter so that I could try a bite of each one. Mom and I decided, though, that we'd try the tiramisu since we heard someone else rave about it. Rich and creamy. It was divine.
Tiramisu
So, if you're looking for a new little place to try, check out Nations Bakery in Lyman. If you don't want breakfast or lunch, at least go for the dessert. Here are just a few of their endless desserts: turnovers (guava and cream; apple), napoleons, eclairs, canolis, danishes, very large cookies, 30 different types of cake, various flavors of muffins, and almond horns. There are sooo many delicious things to choose from in the bakery cases.
They are open Monday -Saturday. The kitchen is open from 7:00am - 7:00pm. The bakery part stays open until 9:00pm.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Oh my WORD! This looks delicious. I would have never even thought about going in that "junky looking place" if you hadn't told us how good it is. :)

Meredith said...

Mmmmmm. Kristi, now I wanna go for lunch! We got some desserts there one time and thought they were great, but I've been hesitant to go back because it took so long. The owner, who was nice as can be, talked and talked and talked..... I ordered at the counter to take out, all he had to do was cut them, and I was there 20 minutes. Mom was in the car wondering what in the world had happened to me. So, is it slow at lunch? Just wondering!