Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gavinism

Before I tell you what he said, let me set the stage: Gavin came into the bathroom one morning a couple of weeks ago while I was getting out of the shower and drying off. He's seen me naked many times, but this time was different obviously. He brought his head close to my mid-section and looked seriously and said, "Mommy, where's your winkie?" I responded, "Mommies don't have winkies. Only boys and daddies have winkies." That was the end of the conversation. So, the other morning, when Gavin was waking up, I walked into his room and found him with his hand down his pants. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "It's big. My winkie is big." I told him, "I know I know. Sometimes that happens. Take your hands off it and it'll go back down." He continued messing with it, so I said, "Gavin, leave it alone. If you mess with it too much, it might fall off." He looked concerned for a split second and then said, "Fall off? Like your winkie did?" Yes, Gavin, like my winkie did.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh that poor boy....scarred for life... ;-)

The Dales said...

Bahaha! Poor thing. I have heard that 3 is the age when they can't quit touching it but we haven't run into that yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we never do! Ah!