Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lots to catch up on...

Even though I'm not working anymore, I still find my calendar completely filled. Doesn't quite make sense to me, but I love it. Anyway, I haven't updated in a month because whenever Gavin takes a nap, I usually work on school stuff or my Bible studies. I'm in the middle of 2 GREAT studies -

  1. Return to the Garden, by Kay Arthur. It's about what God intended sexually between a husband and wife. I never realized all the verses in the Bible about it! I love how Kay Arthur really picks apart the verses to make you study them. I've learned so much.
  2. Faithful, Abundant, and True; part of the Deeper Still conference, by Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore. It's a mixture of lessons about faith in Christ (lack of faith = disobedience), and believing that He is able to immeasurably more.

I highly recommend both studies if you're looking for one. They are both amazing.

My Bible study girls - I love them so much. I cherish our Friday nights together.

I walked away from the bath tub for just a few minutes, and this is what I came back to! He said he was washing and shaving his hair - with MY shaving cream (and his pretend razor)! He also said he was cleaning the tub. He had wipe down the sides of the tub with more shaving cream.

We celebrated Kelli's 36th birthday.

Jason went fishing one Saturday and came home to clean the fish. Gavin HAD to be right beside his daddy even though I tried my best to keep him inside while Jason was doing it. He watched intently. Here in this picture, while Jason is cutting the fish's head off, Gavin was saying, "Sorry fish. You'll just have to live without it." (talking about its head)
We went to our friend Caroline's birthday party. She had a "super silly" party where the kids (and parents) were supposed to dress mismatched. Here is how my child dressed. He looked like an orphan. And today, we went to another birthday party for our friend Olivia Kate. I just had to take this picture of my friend Carly sliding down the slide at the park.

The park, by the way, was really really nice. It's called Herdklotz Park (terrible name for a park, but great place). It's in Greenville, off Rutherford Road like you're going toward Pleasantburg Drive. I've never been there before, nor heard of it before today, but I will definitely be going back. It had 2 sections - a playground for smaller kids, and then one for bigger kids. It also had a paved walk area around a soccor field where kids can ride bikes/scooters and adults can walk. If you've never been there before, you should check it out.

0 comments: