Friday, February 8, 2008

Wonton Chicken Salad

One of the best parts about my job, now that I'm in the science lab and not the regular classroom, is that I get to eat with adults instead of 20 children. Once a month, the related arts team has a Friday Feast. Each of us brings in a food item to share for lunch. The art teacher brought in the best salad EVER! It was sooo good that I just couldn't stop eating it. I wanted to share it with you because it is so simple. Here's the recipe: Wonton Chicken Salad -chopped lettuce (iceberg or romaine hearts) -chopped up cooked chicken -slivered almonds -fried wontons (She actually fried them herself with wonton papers. I'm thinking that I'd just get them already fried from the local Chinese restaurant.) Dressing: -2 tsp salt -1 tsp pepper -1/4 cup sugar (maybe use splenda?) -1/4 cup vinegar -1/4 cup olive oil I hope you'll try this salad. It is delicious. I promise!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yum, thanks!

Anonymous said...

So when are you fixing it for me to try?

mom