Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Belated Ten on Tuesday

I wasn't able to post last night, so here is my Ten on Tuesday post. Ten things that are on my mind this week:

  1. There are too many baby showers and wedding showers this time of year. I've got 4 of them within the next 2 weeks.
  2. I wish Jason would finish all his projects at work, so that he won't have to work late every night. I can't tell you the last time I cooked dinner and we sat down and ate together - before 9:00 at night. And I'm tired of being a single parent.
  3. I'm thankful for my home - it keeps us cool, it keeps us warm, and it keeps us dry. We have put so much blood, sweat, and tears into this home, so it means a lot. But I'm ready to have a bigger home. We're already busting at the seams.
  4. I wish I could feel more rested. I am so exhausted everyday. I go nonstop until I put Gavin to bed, and even then, I'm still working - trying to repack the diaper bag, getting my clothes and lunch ready for school, straightening the kitchen...and the list keeps going.
  5. I need to start childproofing my home. Gavin is becoming more mobile - not crawling yet, but almost - and he's into EVERYTHING. He's already scooted over to our DVD stand and managed to pull off every single DVD before pulling the stand over on top of himself. (Don't worry, it's a small lightweight stand. He didn't get hurt. But I did take a picture of him before rescuing him.)
  6. I wish Jason would hurry up and finish tiling the sunroom floor. This was supposed to take only 2 days, according to the man at Lowe's. Jason started it back in February...it's still not finished. I can't have company over for dinner because everything from the sunroom is in the kitchen and dining room. It's going to look really good when he's finished; plus, it'll add value to our house.
  7. I can't wait to work on my scrapbook again (but I don't know when that'll be). I like to do 1-page layouts, instead of the normal 2-pagers. It's hard for me to find good layouts because most people do 2. I found a really great website that shows layout sketches. I've gone through my pictures and already sketched the layouts on post-it notes. All I have to do now is decide what paper and embellishments I want to use. I want to find more 1-page layouts. http://www.wittyliving.com/crafts/scrapbooking/layouts/scrapbooking-sketch.html
  8. I'm still fuming over Monday night WWE Raw. A few weeks ago at Backlash, Randy Orton jumped in the ring when he wasn't tagged in and kicked John Cena in the head. Cena hasn't wrestled since. So, this past Monday, the "manager" called a match between Cena and Orton. Cena was skeptical because his past few matches haven't been fair, but the manager said he promised he would keep it a fair fight. Just when I thought Cena had the match under his belt, the manager through another wrench into the game, and Cena got pinned. I'm thinking of writing WWE and complaining. It's not fair. They've been playing dirty with John Cena's matches. It's time for him to win again. :)
  9. I'm looking forward to school being out. We have 3 full weeks left - that's including this week. Then we have a couple of 1/2 days. It's coming fast, and I can't wait. I'm looking forward to the little outings I can have with Gavin. Plus, he gets to play in Kelli's swimming pool.
  10. I had 3 people within a couple of weeks ask if I was pregnant. That's all I'm going to say about that one.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I still can't believe you watch WWF. (LOL!)
You don't look pregnant! (Those people drive me crazy!!)

natalie said...

It's so funny that you are thinking about writing a letter to the WWE to complain! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean about pregnant question...i am tired of that one! I am also right there with you on the being a single parent thing while your husband works late (mine has been traveling a good bit). Last thing--Kaitlyn pulled her entire dresser down on top of her when she was about 18 months old. I know just what to but to solve that problem!