Sunday, May 18, 2008

Need for Speed

Jason's boss gave him 2 tickets to go here last night:

Lowe's Motor Speedway - Charlotte
As if my weekly entertainment of WWE Raw wasn't redneck enough, Jason and I went to the NASCAR All-Star Race last night. Jason has never been to a race, but I have back in high school. I was so excited for Jason.
We thought we'd never get there. I had a baby shower to go to yesterday afternoon, plus we had to get Gavin to Jason's mom's house. Needless to say, we left late. Jason's boss left the tickets for him on his desk at work, so we had to stop and get them. Jason ran in, printed out directions, and walked out without the tickets. We were a good 20 minutes down the road before he realized he left them. We had to turn around and go back. So, that made us even more late. As we were listening to the traffic report on the radio, it said that cars were backed up for 4 miles. This was 5:30ish, and the race started at 7:00. But alas! By the time we got to the exit, the roads were completely clear...not a traffic jam in sight. We pulled right into a parking area like it was nothing. We had to walk about a mile or so to the track, but we got through the gate just in time. The only thing we missed was the introductions of the drivers.
Right before we left, I thought to myself, "You know, my camera batteries are probably about to die." But did I do anything? No. And what do you know...the batteries died. So, I was only able to get a few pictures before it went out on me.
Check out the man sitting beside me. He was actually sitting in our seat, but we didn't ask him to move. He had a beer and a cigarette in his hand the whole time! I think he took off about 10 years of my life with his second-hand smoke. There was a breeze blowing just my way, so I got to inhale the smoke all night. He was a die hard Kasey Kahne fan. He yelled from the minute the race started - "Go Kasey! Get 'em Kasey Kahne!" ...as if Kasey could actually hear him. It was so annoying. But other than that, we really enjoyed the time away; and we especially enjoyed laughing at all the drunk people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did my redneck child come from? I'm okay with the racing but, wrestling??? (I read your other post) Ha! That's too funny.

(yams)

Jackie said...

I still can't picture you watching wrestling? I closed my eyes and it just wouldn't come. Ha Ha. Who taught you to watch it anyways?

Katherine said...

I am glad ya'll had fun! I love checking your blog- miss you!