Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Family Field Trip

This afternoon, Gavin, Mom, Kelli and the kids, and I went to Beechwood Farms to their strawberry patch. I highly recommend this place for a great little outing. You can pick strawberries for $7.50 (a full basket), or you can buy ones that are already picked for $10 (but why would anyone do that?). If you're interested, don't google or mapquest the directions. We went around the world to get there; and when I realized where we were...I could've gotten us there in 1/2 the time.
Directions: Take Hwy 290 in Greer toward Travelers Rest. Follow 290 all the way till in bottoms out at Hwy 25. Take a right, but get in the left lane. Go a couple hundred feet/yards (whatever) and turn left onto White Horse Road Ext. Follow it out until it ends beside Ingles on Hwy 276 (Geer Hwy). Take a right at that red light. Drive a couple of miles and watch for the Beechwood Farms sign on the right.
Here are a few pictures from our trip:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, You know we would not have had nearly as much fun had we not gotten lost.
By the way, the strawberries were yummy tonight w/ the angel food cake and whip cream.
Can't wait for another "field trip".
Love you,
Mom
(yams)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin, Gavin looks like he was eatin' more strawberries than he was putting into the basket. Did you get his picture with him and the srawberries naturally or did you pose him? Love your fave niece,JESSIE
(oh,yeah, I was there)

Medic Mom said...

He is SO cute! We're gonna miss strawberry season, I think. I LOVE to pick strawberries! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Katherine said...

Hey Kristi- he is such a cutie! I took Allie there last year and she loved it! What a great outing!
-Katherine

natalie said...

Love the pictures! I cut up some strawberries yesterday & ate them with angel food cake & Cool Whip. So good & easy!