Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Jason and I fished together in a His/Hers Bass Tournament today at Lake Wylie. Well, Jason did most of the fishing. I just did some casting and acting like I knew how to fish. The day started out terribly. First of all, we were up at 2:30 this morning getting ready, and left at 3:30. You have to LOVE fishing to be able to do that with a positive attitude - and let's just say that my attitude wasn't very positive this morning. We blasted off at 6:00 am, and then just as we drove into a cove to start fishing, here came the rain. At first, it was just a drizzle. I thinkto myself, "I can handle a drizzle. No big deal." Then, the sky opened up and buckets of rain fell. (We were thinking it was supposed to be sunny and 90 degrees today. So, did we pack rain suits? No!) Needless to say, I was drenched - and miserable. I hate to be wet, unless I'm in the shower or swimming. Then there was a breeze. Now, I was wet AND cold. It was bad. After about an hour of silently praying that God would hear my cry and rescue me and send me sunshine, the rain stopped. The sun didn't come out completely until about 10:30-11:00ish. After the sun came out, I was a happy camper. I played with Jason's fishing poles, looked for turtles on the banks, stared out across the lake, got some sun on my legs, and actually had a good time. We only caught 1 fish though - and it was only 1 lb. You can see it in the picture below. It was nice to get away - just Jason and me.

4 comments:

Amy Pass said...

Sounds like a BLAST!!!! hehe :)
You're such a good trooper!
Love ya'll!

Meredith said...

I think it's great that you went with him. Very sweet and selfless.

I've been in that kind of cold, miserable rain before... I know that was rough!

Kelly said...

Girl, you are a trooper! If I had been up since 2:30, in a boat, in the rain, and cold I surely wouldn't have STILL been in a boat at 10:30am!!
You must think that guy hung the moon! :-)

Kelly said...

Where are you?!?!?!?