Thursday, June 26, 2008

Friday Five

Today, I want to rant. So pardon me while I release some steam.

Five things that get on my nerves:
  1. You know the big intersection at Westgate Mall? As you're leaving the mall and turning right to MERGE onto Hwy 29, there is a YIELD sign...not a STOP sign. I hate it when people stop and wait for all traffic to pass before getting onto the highway. A yield sign and a stop sign are not the same; plus, there's even an acceleration lane - plenty of room to merge in with the traffic.
  2. Anyone ever bagged groceries? I'm not knocking the job, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that you don't put raw meat in the same bag as your other food - like bread, for example. Beef and chicken get put in a separate bag from the rest of your groceries. Or! Even worse...my Pine Sol and air fresheners are put in the same bag as food items! Sometimes, I'd rather just bag my own groceries.
  3. I know when a child throws a temper tantrum that sometimes the best thing to do is ignore him. But when you're out in public, no one wants to listen or watch a screaming child begging his mom for a toy. If I ever caused a scene when I was little, my parents would not hesitate to spank me in front of God and everybody!
  4. I hate going into a public restroom and having to hover over the toilet seat to do my business. We are not men! We don't have to aim! So why in the world is there pee all over the seat?? This is bad for me. I have terrible aim and direction, so hovering is not a good thing for me. But at the same time, I don't want someone else's pee on my rear. Basically, what I'm saying here is that I don't like women who are inconsiderate of others and don't clean up after themselves in the bathroom.
  5. My phone rings a hundred times a day, and it's not even family or friends calling. I absolutely cannot stand telemarketers! Do they not have a life? Is it really necessary to offer me 5 different credit cards, and then have someone call me about debt consolidation? It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I cannot wait to meet up with you on Tuesday. We have TOO much in common! I'm laughing out loud right now!

Lydia said...

Are you following me around town? I can't stand that at the mall. I was fussing about it last night and today- well and every time I'm there.... and today while at the toy store a kid was screaming bc she wanted something else and the cart was full of big items--- I'd beat her tail and taken her out without anything...lol.

Katherine said...

You are such a good writer and so funny! I miss you!