Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wild at Hollywild

Before I get to the Hollywild part of this post, I want to show you something really WILD. Check out my Wolverine husband.He said he wanted to "do something different" with his facial hair. It's different alright. I know my wedding vows said, "for better or for worse", but what about in times of lunacy? Now, on to Hollywild. Several months ago, my next door neighbor, Sam, was in a really bad motorcycle accident. He wasn't wearing a helmet, and he had serious body and head trauma. He's home now, and his wife, Tamara, threw him a surprise welcome-home party tonight at Hollywild Zoo (they're big animal people). Here are some pictures from the zoo.

I'm not an animal activist or anything, but I do believe in treating animals with respect. I know this totally contradicts itself...I hate seeing animals in cages, but at the same time, I enjoy going to the zoo. This pony was in the same cage as billy goats. I really didn't like what I saw.
Can you see its ribs and its hip bones sticking out?
Other than that, we had a great time at the zoo. I can't wait till Gavin gets a little older so he can enjoy it more.

3 comments:

Medic Mom said...

That is horrible about the horse. I would be concerned. I love the zoo too, but the elephants are always the ones that pull at my heart.

Meredith said...

That is heartbreaking.

Kelly said...

I've heard that about a lot of the animals there. It's really sad.