Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Stuff

My daisies FINALLY bloomed! I've waited all summer long and they decide to bloom at the end of the season! But that's ok, I can enjoy them while they last.

We went to a wedding shower yesterday for my brother's fiancee, Katie, in Hendsonville. She got to meet a lot of her dad's side of the family.
This is where the shower was held - at Katie's aunt's mansion...uh, I mean home.
I wish you could have seen this house - it was sooo nice. It sat up on top of a hill with 2 driveways (one for each level of the house) and a beautifully landscaped yard. The front of the house was nothing but big windows, and when you look out you see the tops of the trees and the tops of the mountains. It was heavenly. There was a library there with sliding wooden doors and a gas log fireplace beside the reading chair. The downstairs was a huge game room, equipped with a kitchenette, pool table, big screen TV, and a hot tub on the outside porch. Of course, the laundry room was my personal favorite. It was the size of 2 bathrooms put together. The door on it was vintage-looking - it was glass (the blurry glass - I don't know the name of it), with soap bubbles and the title "Laundry Room" etched on it. It had the double washer and dryer and also a steamer; a utility sink, and lots of cabinets. It was a woman's paradise.
Even though this house was immaculate and is my new dream house, I started wondering about having to clean all the windows and all the hardwood floors in it. And all of a sudden I was reminded about how thankful I am for my little love shack.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Shut up! It did NOT have a library with sliding doors! AHHH, I am salivating!