Tuesday, August 25, 2009

When I Grow Up

I know this is totally random, but it's one of those crazy things that run through this brain of mine: We have all heard the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" all too many times. When I was little, I always remember hearing my friends say astronaut, teacher, nurse, doctor, movie actor, model, ...you know what I'm talking about. I was thinking back to my answer, and I can't ever remember saying anything other than teacher - that I recall. How odd that I followed that path from a little girl till now. It hasn't changed. (Of course, there are other things now that I wish I could be when I "grow up" again in my second life; I'd like to be an entrepreneur: a meat and three restaurant owner, or a girlie sandwich shop owner, a children's bookstore owner, a full time mommy, and a couple other things.) Anyway, what did you want to be as a child, or even a teenager, when you grew up? Did you follow your path? Or did it change? Is there still something that you'd like to be or would like to do?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I grow up what do I want to be?.... hmm.. I believe the mother to 3 wonderful children, and then grandmother to 4+(?) GRANDchildren. Wow! That dream came true.
If I have time, I'll serve icecream in your girlie sandwich shop.
Love your # 1 fan.

Meredith said...

My childhood goal definitely changed! I wanted to be a foreign missionary.
In high school I wanted to be a television news anchor.
And I never imagined I would be a teacher, yet here I am and it is a dream come true!

Varner Party of 3 said...

Meredith, you're one of the reasons I posted this. When I was thinking about what people say they want to be, you automatically popped into my mind. I remember so clearly you saying that you wanted to be just like Pamela Graham. I don't know why that has stuck out to me, but it has. Maybe one day...

natalie said...

I don't really remember what I wanted to be when I was a child. I think that I changed my mind many times. I still didn't know what I wanted to be until I was grown up, but my job is perfect for me.

Jackie said...

Heck I'm grown and I still don't know what I want to be. But I was lucky enough to be a SAHM and that was Wonderful!

Kelly said...

The only thing I can remember is that I always said I WOULD NOT be a teacher, because both of my parents are teachers and I knew how hard they worked! And lo and behold, what did I major in??? Elem. Edu.! Thank goodness God has blessed my life in different ways and I am able to just be a Mommy right now!