Friday, January 1, 2010

Did you eat this?

Did you eat this today?

collards
black-eyed peas

We've always "believed" that if you eat a lot of collards, you'll have lots of money for the year. And if you eat a lot of black-eyed peas, you'll have a lot of pocket change for the year.

We ate our traditional New Years Day meal at Chef Mom's house. The best southern meal you'll ever put in your mouth (other than pinto beans, mashed potatoes, & cornbread): collard greens, peas, chicken & dumplings, dressing, cornbread, cranberry sauce, and fat back of course; and Mrs. Abrams brought her famous homemade banana pudding - the hot cooked kind...the best you'll ever put in your mouth.

I think I gained 5 pounds today. Thanks Mom for such a great lunch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If how much you eat is any idication of how much money we'll have, I should be a milloionaire.:)
One of my favorite gatherings but definetly not the healthiest meal, thanks to the fatback. Maybe the "once a year" won't be too bad for us.
Thanks to Frankie for the cleaning of the collards. Makes my job much easier.

KR

Kelly said...

I'm not a greens fan, but I love me some black-eyed peas! We didn't eat ours today, so I'll have to live through you!
And I have never had a hot banana pudding. That sounds DELICIOUS!!
Hope to see you soon friend!
Love you

Meredith said...

WHAT?! KELLY, YOU HAVE NOT LIVED! You must make real banana pudding. I won't even eat the jell-o kind!

The Dales said...

Ditto Mere!

natalie said...

Yes, thank you Kim for a great meal! Everything was delicious as always. I'm sorry we had to leave right after lunch, but both of the kids took long naps as soon as we got home.

Jackie said...

I ate it in Wilimgton, NC and it was delicious.